Welcome back beuties!
Today’s the day of another challenge of the lovely “The Ultimate Autumn Challenge” tag, in particular this is week no. 3 (here‘s week 2). Subject of the third week is nail polish, our favourite autumnal nail polishes. But this is actually a challenge for me, since I’m not a nail polishes fanatic.
To be honest, I’m that kind of girl who really doesn’t worry about wearing a fuchsia nail polish in the middle of fall.
Thinking about this week’s products did take me a lot of time. Maybe my choices will not appear something new or incredible to you…in any case, aren’t you eager to discover which nail polishes I’ve selected? Yes? So, take a look at my choices! 😉
After an initial hesitation and several second thoughts, I came to the conclusion that red and plum nail polishes are those I usually wear the most. And I honestly do believe these are perfect colours for the fall season: red is such an evergreen nail polish colour, I do love purple and all its shades (plum included). But I also like putting weird colours on my nails, such as orange (clue: Halloween).
Before starting, I have to specify I’ve been selecting these polishes on the basis of the colour, not of their performances…as you can read right below.
- Red: yep! Red is the new black (or white) for me, it works good with almost every make-up or outfit. My favourite reds are those by Chanel -not those with an orange tone, I mean red reds!-, but I know they are quite expensive. So, I’ve been looking for a worthy cheap alternative and insofar the best for me is no. 114 “Femme Fatale” by Essence, with no doubt;
- bordeaux: some of you may say this is just a shade of red, but I consider it as an almost totally independent colour. It’s a passepartout, absolutely perfect for the fall/winter season. PUPA Milano no. 604 gives a precise idea of what I mean with “bourdeaux” and has got a fair final result;
- plum: could I really not mention something related to purple? No, I could’t. Another autumnal season must-have of the recent years, it comes in tons and tons of shades and finish: light, dark, glossy, matt, semi-matt, duochrome…and whatever finish or shade you can desire! I do love nail polishes of this colour which is definitely better than black ones, in my view. The colour of Yves Rocher no. 108 “Prune” is a perfect example of the perfect plum shade, but unfortunately its final result on my nails looks terrible: even if I put the nail polish dry-drops and wait more than a hour (a hour, 60 minutes!), it’s never dry! >.<
- orange: well yes, orange too. Have you ever seen those leaves which during fall season don’t become either red or yellow, but orange? Because I have, and I do love them! Haven’t you forgotten about Halloween traditional pumpkins, have you? That’s exactly why I’ve put orange in this tag, in particular that by Flormar. 🙂
- **special mention** “Tulipe Noir” #457, Chanel: it was part of a limited edition, so now it cannot be found now. Two my (by now ex) friends gave me this as a gift and it was love at first sight. Its colour was amazing and unique, it looked like almost a duochrome, and depending on the lights it’d seem changing colour from bordeaux to purple. I loved, and still love, it in spite of everything. Thanks to this nail polish I’ve slowly stopped biting my nails, because you
shouldmust have decent nails with such a colour. I’ve never found something similar insofar, have you found some cheap dupes? *_*
That was all about my favourite autumnal nail polishes! I’m not crazy about nails, as you may have understood; anyway sometimes I like taking care of my hands and wearing a touch of colour.
I do apologise for my recent, almost absolute absence but some health problems plus academic commitments are impeding my work here and on the Facebook page. Have a little more patience because it’s a very, very, very busy moment for me and I can’t be as regular as I’d like in publishing articles.